Friday, June 28, 2013

2013 NewFO Challenge - May Update

I'm following the NewFO Challenge where anew project has to be started every month.  They don't have to be finished ... just started!  While visiting April's NewFO Linky Party I found a really cute pillow I liked at Leisa's Day by Day called Whimsical Birdhouses. Leisa was kind enough to send me her Birdhouse Block pattern.  So, that was the project that I started this month, right after mailing off my To Boston With Love flag.  Here's Leisa's pillow that really caught my attention!


The rules for the NewFO Challenge include the fact that you don't have to finish the project that you start.  I got the birdhouses all built, but didn't have to time finish up the pillow.


I am part of a group called Ozark Fabric and other Fun Stuff! and we are creating quilt blocks that are going to be put together by one of the group to make a quilt to send to Moore, Oklahoma.  I have sent off my blocks already and many more are arriving at the quilter daily.  I remembered to get a picture of them before mailing them off.


I have also finished all of the blocks needed for my Sister's Choice quilt.  My sweet little helper Popeye helped me get them all sorted out into rows.  Now I need to get them put together and choose the fabric for the border.



 Visit Barbara over at Cat Patches and see what others have started this month.  Happy quilting everyone!

13 comments:

  1. You have a lot done! Isn't it fun to see what everyone else is doing? I've picked up ideas too. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice of you to help with the Moore quilts! And I really love your birdhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdhouses, will be waiting to see the pillow when it is finished. I seem to be able to get the large tops together but it is the quilting part that doesn't get finished. There are several hanging and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those birdhouses are adorable. My you've been busy. Lots going on at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are beautiful; Love the Sister's Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Birdhouses, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came to see the bird houses, but your Sister's blocks have just blown me away!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, those are so cute. Beautiful work on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your birdhouse pillow is adorable and I really like your other projects too but the birdhouses really got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little birdhouses!! Too cute, and they remind me of the little birdhouse I have in my side yard with little babies in it right now ♥ Your sister's choice quilt is going to be so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really fun to be inspired by other people's blogs, isn't it? Love your Sister's Choice blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very useful info specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    Also visit my website vakantiehuizen **

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are busy working on so many fun projects. I love your Sisters Choice blocks. Popeye looks like he's doing a great job helping you.

    ReplyDelete