Monday, November 26, 2012

Brick & Stepping Stones


I was looking for something to do for my leaders/enders and thought I'd work on the 4-patches for Bonnie Hunter's Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt.  I accidentally started  making them from my 1.5" strips.  When I realized what I had done I decided to just do the bricks out of 2.5" strips.  This means that I need a lot more block units.

I'm trying not to use too many of any one fabric so I wanted lay them out but I don't have space to lay them in my sewing room.  I decided to use the  living room.  Thought you'd get a kick out of where I put them so the cats can't mess with them!



I have finally put the blocks together to make a little throw.  I still need to get a couple borders on it, but I'm happy with how it turned out.


For now, this cute little throw is going to go on my soon to be created UFO list.

2 comments:

  1. I made one of this pattern from my mother in law's cotton blouses. She was very busty so there was lots of fabric to work with. I really like how you improvised. I too saved fabric for retirement. It will take two lifetimes for me to use this all up!!
    XOXOXO Subee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite patterns of Bonnie's. I love how yours has turned out! The colors play so nicely together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete