Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mendi's Birthday Present

Well, I thought I was going to work on a table cover to match the throw pillows on the couch, but ended up working on a birthday present for my daughter, Mendi.  She loves to sit in her recliner with her laptop in her lap and keep up with the happenings as well as watching movies there.  So, I decided to make her a quilt she could throw over her legs and stay warm this winter.





This block is called fence rail and is normally made with 3 different fabrics, but for this quilt, I only used 2 different fabrics sandwiching the darker fabric between 2 of the lighter one.
I used the darker fabric for the binding and the lighter fabric for the backing.  I had to wait until her birthday to post this one.  This was my first quilt using machine quilting.  I outlined each of the darker blocks just inside the seams.  The seams on the lighter fabric seem to disappear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment