Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 NewFO Challenge - February

I have quite a few of Bonnie Hunter's quilts that I want to make.  I decided that the next one I want to work on is her Boxy Stars quilt.  It is made from 2 1/2" strips. I really liked Bonnie's latest one she made!


 I have quite a few 2 1/2" strips in my stash so I started picking out strips to create the 6" block quarters.  These stars are fun and easy to make with no set in seams. Each 12" block is made from four 6" quarters.  I like how the blocks are turning out.


I have several strips picked out for 7 more quarter blocks ready for me to sew up.  I haven't decided on just how big I want to make this one.  These stars are fun and easy to make with no set in seams.


Visit Barbara over at Cat Patches and see what others have started this month.  Happy quilting everyone!

7 comments:

  1. This is going to be so neat! Don't you love using your stash? Your colors are gorgeous. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boxy Stars is one of my favorite Bonnie designs! Your blocks are already beautiful - what a wonderful scrappy quilt it is going to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the color in your boxy blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great Tami my favorite is the aqua/pale blue boxy star!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami, this quilt looks like a boxy stars quilt! I did one of those in very scrappy fabrics back in January and I'm expecting it back from the quilter tomorrow..... I'll post a picture of it after I get the binding on.
    I love your color way!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete