Sunday, March 30, 2014

Baby Quilt for Elizabeth

When I got the invitation from my old boss for a baby shower for his first grandchild, I decided that I had better finish the baby quilt that I had started a while back.  It would be a good one since the parents had decided not to find out the sex of the baby.  They wanted it to be a surprise!



I quilted it in the ditch and picked a cute little multi-colored striped fabric for the binding.  I think this will work just fine for a boy or a girl.  I remembered that I had run across a cute pattern for a baby bib and decided that I would make one of those.


I picked out several 1.5" strips and sewed them together.  I then used Bonnie Hunter's directions in her Streak of Sunshine pattern to cut that sewn piece into 1.5" strips and sewed them back together.


I used the template that was provided in the pattern and followed the directions to finish it.  Now I just needed to have something to wrap them in, so I dug through my stash and found real cute sock monkey fabric.  Since I am a member of the Denver Chapter of the Green Bag Lady Project, I thought that I would use the same pattern that I use for those bags to make a bag for Elizabeth.  I added a lining in her bag.  You can watch a video to learn about the Green Bag Lady Project.

I guess I am going to have to find some more Sock Monkey fabric because when my hubby saw Elizabeth's bag he wanted to keep it!   Happy quilting everyone!

10 comments:

  1. What a delightful gift!!! The quilt is gorgeous. It never occurred to me to make a pieced bib - adorable! And the bag is the perfect wrapping! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts..all! She will love them. Cute monkey fabric. I have a fat qt bundle of original sock monkey line I have been saving for a goodly bit for a special lil some one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!!! Wonderful gifts!!!!! I love the monkey bag!!!! Adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovelies! The baby quilt is so perky with color and I just love the biding! Darling bib and sweet monkey bag! I am sure all will be treasured and why not they are all so wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun are those gifts!! They will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little quilt and bib and I can see why your husband likes the monkey bag....cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tami, what a special and cute gift! Love the bag too. He he :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a sweet monkey bag. I've seen that fabric and love how it looks made into a bag! Thanks for the link to the Green Lady Pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable quilts! The baby bib is nice and the monkey bag looks great.The fabrics you have used are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete