I started part 5 by cutting mirror image neutral triangles with the Easy Angle ruler from 2" strips. The notches where the missing dog ear is will help line everything up. To do this I had to cut with two strips right sides together. after that I cut the blue triangles with the Easy Angle ruler from 3-1/2" strips.
Part 5 is made starting with the half square triangles from part 3 that weren't made into pinwheels and attaching the neutral triangles to the yellow sides of part 3 and the blue triangle attaches to the neutrals.
I'm not sure how many more parts there will be before we start putting the pieces together. Besides the sewing I did for Christmas, this is the only thing that I've started this month. Check out everyone's progress on the Celtic Solstice Mystery here.
I will be linking up with Barbara over at Cat Patches for the 2013 NewFO Challenge - December Update. Click here to see what others have started this month. This is the last update for the year; however, Barbara has decided to host a NewFO challenge for 2014 that I am going to participate in. You can read about it here if you're interested.
Hope you all have a wonderful year coming up! Happy New Year! Tami