Wednesday, October 1, 2014

2014 NewFO Challenge - September

While browsing at an antique store with my friend Marianne the other day, I saw a quilt I really liked that had scrappy dresden plates on it.  Then yesterday when I was browsing through a quilting group on Facebook, I ran across another dresden plate quilt. This one had the plates appliqued on the center of a larger 4 patch.  I decided that I would like to try doing one my self.   I went through my 3 1/2" strips and picked out about 15 fabrics that I thought would look good together.

Then I used my Dresden template and cut one blade from each fabric sewing the longer ends into prairie points.  After I did that I began sewing the blades together.

I was happy with how they turned out, but it's clear that I will need to pick out several more fabrics to complete the plate.  I haven't decided yet what I am going to do with it, but I am thinking about making a pillow when I finish putting the plate together.

 You can visit Barbara over at Cat Patches to see what others have started this month for their NewFO Challenge.