Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coffee Table Cover


After finishing the two Patchwork Travel Pillows, my husband wanted me to make a cover for our coffee table using the same pattern.  Our cats, that haven't been de-clawed, can get very rowdy in the house at times,chasing one another around and have managed to scratch it up pretty good. 

So after thinking on how to do that, and making Mendi's Fence Rail quilt, I set out to trying some different configurations.  I ended up with this:



I decided to repeat the pattern from the pillow and joining four of them together. Hubby picked the fabric for the border since it was his request that I make it. I used the smaller flower print for the sashings and the green fabric for the cornerstones.  I'm planning on binding it with that same green but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Here's what it looks like so far:


For now the only protection the coffee table has it the top as I am working on another project.  The cats have fun sliding across the table and pulling the cover off onto the floor, that is when they aren't sitting on the back of the chairs....  here's Roxie posing for a picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment