Saturday, August 31, 2013

August NewFO Challenge

Well, I have finally gotten around to making a new table runner to replace the one that ended up at my daughter's house in Tennessee.  This was my original table runner.


And this is my new one.  I made it a little larger because I decided to put this one on our sideboard.  I'll probably make another one for the table behind our couch.


I have also been working on my Miss Rosie's Toulouse.  I have all of the blocks finished now and have them sewn together into rows.  Now I need to sew the rows together.  Then I'll be working on the border.  I'm liking how it is coming together.


Visit Barbara over at Cat Patches and see what others have started this month.  Happy quilting everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Tami, that is a great pattern for the table runner. I like how you can make it different sizes. I love the colors in Miss Rosie's Toulouse. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner turned out nicely, and I love the colors in your other project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some french braids a few years ago. Hadn't thought of using them for a table runner (mine were for a quilt border). Nice! LOVE that Miss Rosies quilt top. Sew pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Rosie's Toulouse is beautiful, as is your new table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Miss Rosie's top and your new table runner is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Love the runner and the Quilt top. What size are the 9 patches! Look pretty small. Great colors
    Aileen in FL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Miss Rosie blocks are great - like a combo of four traditional blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The block used in Miss Rosie's Toulouse is one called Goose in the Pond. You can find it at: http://quilting.about.com/b/2013/04/05/two-sizes-goose-in-the-pond-quilt-block-pattern.htm

      I enjoyed making those blocks.

      Delete
  8. That Miss Rosie is very pretty! And the table runner is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Looks great, so nice and flat. Miss Rosie looks like a lot of work, but worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made Toulouse! What a wonderful pattern it is!!! I actually made the quilt in 2011 and just got it quilted this week - I'll be blogging about it soon :) Yours is coming along marvelously!!!!

    ReplyDelete