Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt Part 5

I started part 5 by cutting mirror image neutral triangles with the Easy Angle ruler from 2" strips.  The notches where the missing dog ear is will help line everything up.  To do this I had to cut with two strips right sides together.  after that I cut the blue triangles with the Easy Angle ruler from 3-1/2" strips.


Part 5 is made starting with the half square triangles from part 3 that weren't made into pinwheels and attaching the neutral triangles to the yellow sides of part 3 and the blue triangle attaches to the neutrals.




I'm not sure how many more parts there will be before we start putting the pieces together.  Besides the sewing I did for Christmas, this is the only thing that I've started this month.  Check out everyone's progress on the Celtic Solstice Mystery here.

I will be linking up with Barbara over at Cat Patches for the 2013 NewFO Challenge - December Update.   Click here to see what others have started this month.  This is the last update for the year; however, Barbara has decided to host a NewFO challenge for 2014 that I am going to participate in.  You can read about it here if you're interested.

Hope you all have a wonderful year coming up!  Happy New Year!  Tami

9 comments:

  1. Agree with Andee - everything is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces look great - I love the addition of the blue! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Tami, I still have Chevrons to do and step four as well! But I think I will do bags tomorrow instead whilst I wait for my featherweight quarter inch foot to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pieces look great. I've got bits of each clue done, but not all the pieces of each clue finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, Tami. I love pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you making out on assembling your Celtic Solstice. I only had time to assemble bits of each step, but I look forward to tackling it as leaders and enders this month.

    ReplyDelete