Saturday, December 22, 2012

Easy Street Part 5

I stayed up real late again Thursday night so I could get a look at the newest clue for Easy Street!  From turquoise scraps we need to cut 64 3-1/2” squares and from purple scraps cut 128 2” squares.  That sounds pretty easy.  Then we need to pair two purple squares  to each 3-1/2” turquoise square the same way we did with flying geese.  Not sure what this block is going to be called.  Bonnie called them tall flying geese or maybe they are sitting turkeys.  I think I remember seeing other names!  Anyway, I got my fabrics cut:


Suzi Porter called them squatting Turkeys!  Well whatever they are, I spent Saturday afternoon putting these blocks together.  I went ahead and double sewed the purples for bonus triangles.  They made 1-1/2" HSTs.  I use 1-1/2" strips quite a bit, so I thought these would be good for something.


 I'm ready for the next clue, but I still have some additional Christmas sewing to do.  I hope that everyone has a wonder Christmas!  



15 comments:

  1. I like your 1.5" triangles. I have done that before on other projects, but they are starting to accumulate, so I have kept the triangles for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready also. I think the mystery is way more fun than the holiday :)
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bonus half square triangles are so cute! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like houses to me. :-)
    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with Step 5 AND the bonus triangles. I couldn't muster the energy to do them this time, but I love it when I do take the time to make them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you on my blog :-) I love your work, and also all the cat photos. I come in contact with so much love and peace when there is room for a cat around the quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! Thanks for the bonus triangles idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and now if the next clue will hurry. Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tall turkeys look great! I couldn't throw out the little triangles, might try playing with them in an art quilt. I am excited to see what the next clue is. We should be starting to put some of the pieces together soon. Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! I am enjoying this mystery too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sitting turkeys are looking good! What a smart idea to double-sew the purples for "bonus" half square triangles! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good! I thought about double sewing but decided they were too small and put them in my dog bed bucket instead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought about sewing the tiny half-square triangles but I couldn't make myself do it. They are so tiny... and yet throwing them away is a waste, too. I guess if I'd had a use for them I would have saved them. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Tami.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ambitiousness has made you 1/2 squares of a cute diminuitive size...They would look cute in the border of a miniature doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete