Saturday, December 29, 2012

Easy Street Part 6

Once again, I was still up when the latest clue was posted.  This looks like a pretty easy one!  We have to make 128 Double Bricks made up of  two 2” black-on-white strips sewn together then cut into 3-1/2” lengths.  This will make the Double Bricks 3-1/2” squares.  Bonnie said that if we only had one fabric left that we could just cut 3-1/2” squares, but I managed to find just enough black-on-white fabric to make the required blocks.

Bonnie also assigned some Extra Credit!   We need to cut 16 5-1/2” squares from the green fabric.  Then stack them and cut them corner to corner twice with an X to yield 64 quarter square triangles.  Well, I manged to get them all done!




There will be NO Mystery Monday Link because we on our way to a RAPID FIRE FINISH!
Clue 7 goes live on Monday morning instead!  The next Link-Up will be the following Monday.
I'm really looking forward to Monday's accelerated step 7.

7 comments:

  1. I wish that I was on a roll like you are. I haven't managed anything yet. We are still in the middle of running around visiting and will not catch a break until after the New Year.
    I am so anxious to see all of these quilts come together. The next link up should be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Monday's might be the last step, but I guess we will find out soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Vireya may be right. We've got a bunch of pieces that may just start all going together Tuesday! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay....TOMORROW WE GET ANOTHER CLUE!
    I love to look at all the girls finished units and see all the different black and white fabrics...so many different ones out there in blogland :)
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your Double Brick units! You've got a lot of movement in your fabrics. I can't wait for tomorrow's clue! Vireya thinks it may be the last step, but I'm thinking it might be the second to last step.

    Remember how she specifically mentioned the size of the quilt BEFORE borders in the Intro post? I'm thinking that tomorrow's clue will show us how to make the center of the quilt, and the final clue will show us how to make the borders.

    Of course, this is all speculation on my part. I'm just excited and can't wait to see what she has in store for us tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning myself! I have the feeling, like you, that this will probably be the next to the last clue. Something Bonnie said on Quilt Cam the other night made me think that there would be 8 clues in all. I guess we'll find out!

      Delete
  6. Hi again Tami! Thanks again for the comment on my blog. I can't believe I have the Easy Street top finished! Woo hoo! It'll be quilted next month sometime, and then I'll have it for summertime on my bed. I think those are great summer colors, don't you? :)

    How are you coming along on your Easy Street? The top goes together pretty quickly... unless you're nuts like me and add HUGE borders LOL.

    ReplyDelete